You can register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You’ll be 18 years old by Election Day
- A resident of Rockland County for 30 days by the date of the election;
- You are not in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- You don’t claim the right to vote elsewhere.
How to register:
- You can register in person at the Rockland County Board of Elections at 11 New Hempstead Road, New City, NY 10956. Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The phone number is (845) 638-5172.
- You can call the State’s 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application. Or, call the County at (845) 638-5172.
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form. Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to the Rockland County Board of Elections, 11 New Hempstead Road, New City, NY 10956. Make sure it’s postmarked by October 10.
Remember to re-register if your address changes.
Need to vote by absentee ballot?
- ABSENTEE 2010.pmd
The application must either be personally delivered to your county board of elections not later than the day before the election, or postmarked by a governmental postal service not later than 7th day before election day. Please note election day is NOVEMBER 4, 2014.